Welcome to SHARKBOY, the home on the web of Todd. I used to run multiple websites to various things I was into. I decided to make one website for everything I’m into. More on me and what you can expect to find on this site can be found below.
Hey, guys. My name is Todd. I am a full-time student, a full-time retail grunt, and a part-time nerd.
I am far too verbose and far too complex to write about myself in a succinct About page, so I decided to post a list of running facts about me here. Why running? Well, I, like anyone, am a changing, adapting, growing person who learns something new about himself everyday. As things become important to me, I’ll post about them here.
Look at the baby. My dog, not me.
- I left a job where I was making $55k+ to go back to school to become a teacher.
- I am majoring in Middle Level Education with concentrations in English and Math.
- That’s right, I like Math.
- I actually like English a smidge more than Math, but everyone I have talked to has advised me to get qualified to teach Math if I have any passion for it at all, as it’s a critical needs subject.
- People have called me crazy for wanting to teach Middle School, but I love that age group.
- I have a Corgi named Helo.
- I named him after a character from Battlestar Galactica, the best TV show ever made. Have I mentioned I’m a nerd?
- I have another dog named Huckleberry. He is a Jack Russel/Chihuahua mix. He’s kind of a jerk.
- I am a (casual) gamer. I used to be a Store Manager at GameStop. I mostly play action platformers and RPGs.
- I love to read and write. This shouldn’t be shocking since you learned I want to be an English teacher a couple facts up.
- In addition to teaching, I’d love to write for a living. I have written a few unpublished novels. I would like to make the leap to publication eventually.
- I love the Horror genre.
- I am a gay Christian (read: rare). No, they are not mutually exclusive. No, I won’t argue about this with you.
- I teach 7th and 8th grade Sunday School.
- I am a 90s kid through and through.
- I grew up in a Children’s Home. It has made me who I am; that Home is responsible for my best qualities and my worst.
- I am on the nurture side of the Nature vs. Nurture debate.
- I am an advocate for kids who grow up in the foster system. I want to be part of a support system that I never really had.
- I have seven brothers. Three are triplets. I am close to and keep regular contact with four my brothers.
- I like sharks.
When I was a kid, I used to play a pool game called Sharks in the Deep. I was always the shark.
Shark Boy was my online persona when I first got on the internet, and although we are in a different time now and I don’t fear people learning my real name (I’m Todd, if you haven’t picked up on that yet), Shark Boy is not a name I can or want to escape. It’s a part of my online history and part of my online identity. I’ve owned this domain before, and when I decided I wanted to make this site, no other name really sufficed. I’m glad it was available to purchase again.
The amazingly awesome header in the layout was made for me by my friend Rosy. She is an amazing artist, and you should definitely check out her other stuff. I designed the layout around the header. Everything you find on this site, unless otherwise stated, is my property and should not be used without my permission. I’m easygoing. Just reach out to me.
This site might be best described as a blog or personal site, but I want it to be so much more than that. My blog is a (maybe even the) main feature of the site, but I will be incorporating character analysis, reviews, writing, and (hopefully active) discussions in time. SHARKBOY is better described as my home on the web, because it’s as random as I am.
To make some sense out of what I am doing, here is where I am currently focusing my effort. Check back often, as I will update this as I work on different things.
- Blog entries about my life and my thoughts.
- Are You Afraid of the Dark? episode reviews. (It’s the second best show ever.)
- Presenting my writing.
- Cleaning up shrines, updating urls, and completing finishing touches for freezing.
- Getting all of my fanlistings back up and running.