Welcome to SHARKBOY, the home on the web of Todd. More on me and what you can expect to find on this site can be found below.
When I was a kid, I used to play a pool game called Sharks in the Deep. I was always the shark.
Shark Boy was my online persona when I first got on the internet, and although we are in a different time now and I don’t fear people learning my real name (I’m Todd, if you haven’t picked up on that yet), Shark Boy is not a name I can or want to escape. It’s a part of my online history and part of my online identity. I’ve owned this domain before, and when I decided I wanted to make this site, no other name really sufficed. I’m glad it was available to purchase again.
This site might be described as a blog, a personal site, or a collective (because it hosts various sites I’ve made throughout the years), but I think SHARKBOY is best described as Todd’s home on the web, because it’s as random as I am. Here you will find blog entries detailing my thoughts and life, my writing, and recaps of things I loved as a kid and am revisiting today. Whether you are here to revisit things from the 1990s with me or you want to follow me personally, I hope you enjoy your time here.
To make some sense out of what I am doing, here is a list of where I am currently focusing my effort. Check back often, as I will update this as I work on different things.
- Blog entries about my life and my thoughts.
- Fear Street book reviews.
- Goosebumps book reviews.
- Captain Planet episode recaps.
The amazingly awesome header in the layout was made for me by my friend Rosy. She is an amazing artist, and you should definitely check out her other stuff. I designed the layout around the header. Everything you find on this site, unless otherwise stated, is my property and should not be used without my permission. I’m easygoing. Just reach out to me.
My name is Todd. I am a full-time student, a full-time retail grunt, and a part-time nerd.
I am far too verbose and far too complex to write about myself in a succinct About page, so I decided to post a list of running facts about me here. Why running? Well, I, like anyone, am a changing, adapting, growing person who learns something new about himself everyday. As things become important to me, I’ll post about them here.
Look at the baby. My dog, not me.
- I left a job where I was making $55k+ to go back to school to become a teacher.
- I am majoring in Middle Level Education with concentrations in English and Math.
- That’s right, I like Math.
- I actually like English a smidge more than Math, but everyone I have talked to has advised me to get qualified to teach Math if I have any passion for it at all, as it’s a critical needs subject.
- People have called me crazy for wanting to teach Middle School, but I love that age group.
- I have a Corgi named Helo.
- I named him after a character from Battlestar Galactica, the best TV show ever made. Have I mentioned I’m a nerd?
- I have another dog named Huckleberry. He is a Jack Russel/Chihuahua mix. He’s kind of a jerk.
- I am a (casual) gamer. I used to be a Store Manager at GameStop. I mostly play action platformers and RPGs.
- I love to read and write. This shouldn’t be shocking since you learned I want to be an English teacher a couple facts up.
- In addition to teaching, I’d love to write for a living. I have written a few unpublished novels. I would like to make the leap to publication eventually.
- I love the Horror genre.
- I am a gay Christian (read: rare). No, they are not mutually exclusive. No, I won’t argue about this with you.
- I teach 7th and 8th grade Sunday School.
- I am a 90s kid through and through.
- I grew up in a Children’s Home. It has made me who I am; that Home is responsible for my best qualities and my worst.
- I am on the nurture side of the Nature vs. Nurture debate.
- I am an advocate for kids who grow up in the foster system. I want to be part of a support system that I never really had.
- I have seven brothers. Three are triplets. I am close to and keep regular contact with four my brothers.
- I like sharks.